I have the privilege of being the Instructional Technology Coach for Wilson Elementary and
Walter Hill Elementary. As technology coach for Walter Hill Elementary, my job includes (but is not limited to):
- Facilitating school and district-based high quality professional development, working with teachers (in groups or individually) to refine their knowledge and skills, before/after school and during the school day.
- Expert understanding and knowledge to provide training to certified and classified staff in the use of instructional and district standard software products for the purpose of improving work efficiency and effectiveness by enhancing the ability to use new and/or existing software.
- Assists teachers in using technology effectively for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant and engaging learning experiences for all students.
- Introduces teachers to new technology integration methods, materials and instructional strategies that have proven to increase student achievement.
- Identifies technology integration competencies among instructional staff, in collaboration with school administrators, and delivers appropriate coaching, training, and resources to support the professional growth of individuals.
- Evaluate results of professional learning programs to determine the effectiveness on deepening teacher content knowledge, improving teacher pedagogical skills and/or increasing student learning.
- Engages in continual learning to deepen content and pedagogical knowledge in technology integration and current and emerging technologies necessary to implement TDOE standards effectively.
- Coach teachers in and model design and implementation of technology-enhanced learning experiences using a variety of research-based, learner-centered instructional strategies, resources, and assessment tools to address the diverse needs and interests of all students through the use of instructional strategies that have proven to increase student achievement emphasizing creativity, and higher-order thinking skills including Webb’s Depth of Knowledge.
- Keep abreast and knowledgeable of digital age learning environment models including the flipped classroom, face to face, online, collaborative classroom and blended learning forms of instructional delivery, technology skills, and instructional strategies necessary to effectively impact the instructional practices of the teachers that are coached and model in a variety of classroom and professional development situations.
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource/curriculum leader in faculty and PLC meetings motivating, modeling, and managing the needs of the staff at the assigned school site.
- Coach and model effective use of technology tools and resources to continuously assess student learning and technology literacy by using a variety of formative and summative assessments aligned with TDOE academic standards and ISTE student technology standards.
- Coach and model effective use of technology tools and resources to systematically collect and analyze student achievement data, interpret results, and communicate findings to improve instructional practice and maximize student learning.
- Maintains a variety of files, documents and/or records (e.g. reports, logs, databases, agreements, licenses, copyrights, departmental reporting, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written references, and complying with mandated requirements.
- Prepare documentation (e.g. user guides, recommendations, lesson plans, reports, instructions, memos, digital calendar, PD pre and post surveys etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written documentation and/or conveying information.
- Promote digital leadership/citizenship by conducting digital leadership lessons, modeling and facilitating safe, healthy, legal, and ethical uses of digital information and technologies.
- Model and promote diversity, cultural understanding, and global awareness by using digital-age communication and collaboration tools to interact locally and globally with students, peers, parents, and the larger community.
- Oversee assigned projects and/or program components for the purpose of ensuring availability of information and/or materials and delivering services in compliance with established guidelines and mandated requirements. • Serve as a member of and resource to the school’s ePlan Team.
- Coordinate instructional technology purchasing management for the school and submit digital purchase order requests for approval by the Instructional Technology Coordinator prior to ordering while advocating for policies, procedures, programs, and grants to support implementation of the shared vision of the school and district.
- Perform minor technical support within the school site including basic computer, printer, and other instructional tools maintenance.
- Manage school website in coordination with school level administration.
- At the direction of the building administration support delivery of instruction of keyboarding skills to enable students’ proficiency in upcoming online testing situations.
- Under the coordination of the school Building Testing Coordinator, provide assistance as needed to ensure online test readiness (test keys, logs-ins, equipment, etc.) prior to testing windows opening
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Maintain technology software inventory
Teachers - I would love the opportunity to co-teach a lesson with you, answer any technology questions, and/or assist you with technology tools that will enhance your teaching experience and your students' learning. Just click this link BOOK ME to schedule an appointment. If you have any questions, just email me.
If you have a technology equipment problem, please use this email firstname.lastname@example.org so that Shane and I both are aware of your situation. Please be sure to include the following information:
- your room number on the subject line
- in the body include the RCS tag number (if there is one)
- also in the body be as specific as possible and provide as much information as you can